The Steering Committee is responsible for all structural, scientific and financial decisions. It is comprised of 13 members representing all partner Helmholtz centers and ECDF universities. The committee meets whenever the governance policy requires its intervention, but at least biannually. Three members of the Steering Committee are members of the Executive Board and represent the HEIBRiDS Data Science School as spokespersons.
Jakob van Santen (DESY)
The Program Committee acts as an advisory board and supports management. It suggests projects for funding, develops the study program, and prepares admission decisions for the Steering Committee. The Program Committee consists of all current supervisors and meets two to four times a year. Permanent guests of the Program Committee are the two PhD Representatives and the HEIBRiDS Office.
Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board consists of five international leading scientists with experience in interdisciplinary research and graduate education, who offer their advice on the development of the training curricula (element of quality assurance). Members of the Scientific Advisory Board are invited to participate in events and meetings organized by the HEIBRiDS Data Science School at regular intervals.
Helle Rootzén (Technical University of Denmark - until 2020)
Michael Klimke (Technical University of Munich)
Anna Bauer-Mehren (Roche Innovation Center Munich - since 2021)
Administration and Management
Administration and management of the academic program is in the responsibility of the HEIBRiDS Office, which assumes the following tasks:
- Administrative management of the HEIBRiDS PhD Program
- Guidance to doctoral researchers on all matters concerning the HEIBRiDS PhD Program, including curriculum, training activities, travel grants, Thesis Advisory Committees and support admission to university
- Liaison to local universities and close collaboration with other Graduate and Research Schools
- Developing and implementing training and events for the doctoral community
- Advising on external grants, professional and career development
- Managing the HEIBRiDS PhD Program including international recruitment and marketing
- Registration, recording and monitoring of all activities and providing statistical analysis to faculty and directorate on academic matters
- Ensuring the development, revision and implementation of policies and strategies together with the Program and Steering Committees
- Fostering of national and international cooperation
The HEIBRiDS Office works in close collaboration with the coordinators of other Graduate Schools, Research Schools and local partners to guarantee the highest standard of structured education to all doctoral researchers at HEIBRiDS.