HEIBRiDS invites applications for PhD fellowships in a collaborative research environment across disciplinary borders. HEIBRiDS projects combine Data Science with applications in Molecular Medicine, Materials & Energy, Earth & Environment, Geosciences and Space & Planetary Research and topics belong to one or more of the following areas:
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning
- Data Management
- High-throughput Data Analytics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Cutting-edge research in data science under close supervision of a team of two mentors
- Four-year fully-funded fellowships (E13 TVöD or TV-L)
- Integrated training curriculum of scientific and professional skills courses taught in English
- Financial support for conferences and collaborations
To apply, a master's degree in quantitative sciences (Computer Science, Physics, Statistics or Mathematics) or related applied field (Bio- or Geoinformatics etc.), awarded by July 2020, is required.
Apply by February 7, 2020, via the online HEIBRiDS application portal. A step-by-step guide for the online application can be found here. Detailed description of the available doctoral projects are visible to the applicant upon registration to the application portal.
Successful candidates will start their PhD between July and October 2020.